Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Big Win...

Boys' soccer Mtn. Valley 9, Jay 3

Tuesday, September 9, 2008
RUMFORD - Senior striker Alex Szeps mustered four goals as Mountain Valley cruised to a 9-3 victory over Jay in MVC boys' soccer action Monday.

The two squads played even in the first half, but the Falcons (1-1) poured on the offense in the opening minutes of the second stanza, scoring three goals in seven minutes. Senior center-midfielder Tyson Hanson contributed a goal and three assists.

Midfielder Dylan Stefani notched two of the Tigers (0-2) goals.


http://www.sunjournal.com/story/282154-3/LocalSports/Boys_soccer_Mtn_Valley_9_Jay_3/

3 comments:

Rich said...

Sadly, I was at the University and I missed this night match in Rumford. The boys called me at 9pm last night to fill me in on the excitement. Yes, Alex scored 4 goals... brilliant! He credits 3 of the goals to terrific assists by teammates. However, one goal was creative genius. :-) Peter had 20 minutes on the pitch and according to Alex, his younger brother had a shot on goal that just missed. All in all a stellar performance by the kids. Two more matches this week against formidable opponents. But this match is truly a memory to bring back to Europe.

michael said...

Great news Alexander. Such a striker. You make me proud and rather happy..... but if you surprise me with a 100 on the next math test and a strong A, I will start crying of happiness

Katrine said...

Peter, I would have never thought I would read sports comments on a blog written partly by you! This is a very unusual development - but sounds like a lot of fun!
I am sorry I am not commenting on the actual sports-comments - as I have never really learned the rules of soccer, I will probably not be able to comment with anything intelligent ;o)
Though - Alex: I know what a goal is, and I know that 4 of them is pretty cool! And Peter: With your soccer experience (and soccer-genes) 20 minutes and an almost-goal sounds really cool as well! I am very proud!